Friday, February 7, 2014

Eggless MnM Muffins


It's a Rose Day and without sweets there is no celebration! So, celebrate the pretty gloom and say what you feel with lovely roses and of course with sweets...... for today's occasion here comes the Mn M's Muffins!! Rose day - the first day of valentine weekAll you beautiful people enjoy your day with full joy.

My day also started great with a surprise :)) Now when I am writing, I am still smiling for the moment that I had in the morning. 

Today when I got up, I found a pretty note lying next to my pillow "My Beautiful Rose!" I opened it and there was more..... "Roses are beautiful, but none as you....Happy Rose Day :))!" I was totally surprised because I haven't had it anywhere close to my mind. Then when my husband was leaving for office, he told that today we'll go out for dinner. I thought now its my turn to surprise him. Therefore, I decided to cook something delicious. The menu I planned for the day is "Onion Kulcha, Kashmiri Dum Aloo, Masala Papad Salad and Muffins". Everything is done other than Kulcha. I am planning to prepare it fresh around dinner. And going to post this draft in the late evening hours after dinner surprise. I don't want to take a chance what if my husband ll open my blog on his phone...who knows ;)) 

This muffin recipe I prepared first time for our friend (Vishal')s birthday. I saved few muffins for my husband to try. When I tasted, I realized muffins were having little bitterness and also less sweet in taste. However, my husband loved it other than cinnamon sugar pecans that I added. He doesn't like nuts in brownies or muffins. Although he is a big fan of chocolate Mn M's the way I am of ferrerorocher. Therefore, I added baking Mn M's in the muffins. Today I prepared the same recipe with a tweak. 

Here's the recipe for the simple, tasty and with less ingredients muffins.

Ingredients:
  1. All-purpose flour - 1 cup
  2. Sugar - 1/2 cup
  3. Baking powder - 1 tsp
  4. Mn M's - 1/2 cup
  5. Flax meal -  1 tsp
  6. Olive oil - 1/4 cup
  7. Orange juice (freshly squeezed) - 1/2 cup
  8. Orange zest - 1/4 tsp
  9. Water - 1/4 cup
Method:

  1. Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl.
  2. Separately dissolve flax meal and water. 
  3. Now whisk it with oil and juice. 
  4. Prepare batter with mixing the dry & wet ingredients.
  5. Now add Mn M's & orange zest in the batter.
  6. Grease the muffin liner and pour the batter into it.
  7. Shift the muffin tray in the preheated oven at 375 degrees temp for 18-22 mins.
  8. Insert a toothpick, it should come out clean.
  9. Take out the tray and let it cool for few minutes and then transfer the muffins on the cooling rack.
  10. You can enjoy it warm or put it in an air-tight container once it comes to a room temp and have it for a week with a cool whip or home-made frosting
Tips:

  1. Last time I used the store-bought Tropicana orange juice and today I used freshly squeezed one and you can feel the difference in the taste. But you can use it if that's handy.
  2. I baked with granulated sugar instead of brown sugar because it's over in my pantry. But I prefer brown sugar.
  3. You can add fruits or nuts. When I tried last time I used cinnamon sugar candied pecans (I will add my recipe soon) because I love nuts. Unfortunately, my husband is not a big fan of nuts. And today I prepared especially for him..so NO NUTS ;)


2 comments: